Work Package 1 addresses the problems related to sensing, processing and transmission of rich visual data aiming at the development of novel imaging technologies for use in safety-critical applications.
The research in this work package is divided in six tasks, which are also ESR’s individual projects:
- Multi-camera surround view visualisation and multi-modal sensor integration (FER, ESR3)
- Vision enhancement in extreme environmental conditions (TUT, ESR1)
- Ultra-reliable communications of immersive visual data (MDH, ESR4)
- Accommodation and convergence cues on transparent display media (TUT, ESR2)
- Real-time image processing and analysis of UAV videos for safety-critical applications (FER, ESR13)
- Compression methods for geometry-enhanced light field images under safety-critical conditions (TUT, ESR14)
The six individual ESR projects should together answer the questions how to optimally sense, (pre) process, and display visual data and, if needed, what and how to compress and transmit that data to a remote operator.
WP1 is led by University of Zagreb. For further questions regarding the WP1 research, please contact Prof. Sven Lončarić.