The ImmerSAFE project will advance the state of the art in the area of immersive visual technologies (IVT) for safety-critical applications by working towards three specific objectives:
- Develop new robust and reliable IVT, in particular novel approaches to sensing, visualisation and reliable data transmission.
- Determine optimal implementation of IVT under challenging conditions and integration into existing frameworks in two example use cases: mobile work machines and control centres.
- Increase knowledge on the human factors affecting the adoption and use of IVT through user experience testing, task performance metrics and organizational level studies.
Consequently, the research programme is organized in three work packages (WPs), where individual projects are integrated in order to address the challenges in immersive visual technologies for safety-critical applications.:
- WP1: Immersive visual technologies, addressing the problems related to sensing, processing and transmission of visual data
- WP2: Embedded systems for safety-critical applications, focusing on system aspects of developed technologies
- WP3: User experience, system performance and organizational change, addressing the user requirements in safety-critical applications